Nikko Hotel - Annex Turtle Hotori-An

I slept two nights in this inn. I had a Japanese room on the top (third) floor (301) which cost me 6950¥ per night including taxes. It was spacious and had a private shower/toilet. The futon was very comfortable and the blankets and duvets kept me nice and warm on what were two chilly nights. The room had a heater which I turned off at night and the room temperature dropped to 14 degrees Celsius....great for sleeping when you are covered up like I was. The inn has wireless internet access and, though the innkeeper stated that it was only available in the common room, I was able to access it from my room as well (though Skype did not work!). There is a Japanese bath on the first floor as well as laundry services which I used (200¥ to wash, 100¥ to dry). The breakfasts were terrific and cost 1050¥. Fruits (banana, kiwi, grapes, melon), three pieces of bread, a hard-boiled egg and coffee/juice. A great start to the day. It is a bit off the beaten track and about a thirty minute fast walk from the JR train station and about 15 minutes from the main attractions. Having said that, it is on a quiet dead-end street that longs the river. Just to the west of the inn is a walk along the river which is beautiful.  I bought food at grocery stores and ate in the common room downstairs both nights.  Beer, sushi, noodles while writing and reading.  A great way to end a day of walking in beautiful Nikko.

This was a great place and I highly recommend it. Value for money = Five stars

Let me know what you think about what you have just read. Please and thanks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Temples, Forests and Streams - Nikko

The Ueno Area - History in Art and Those Passed Away

Tsukiji Is Moving!