My First Sighting

Thursday, 23 October 2008, 4:11pm Japan time - Seat 18A, Air Canada 3, approaching Narita.

My entire 10.5 hour trip was over cloud cover.  Quite something considering that we flew up the North American coast, towards Alaska, along Alaska, and down to Japan via the Russian coast.  Clouds, clouds.  But at 4:11pm we broke through endless layers of clouds and I finally saw those islands I have been dreaming of seeing for all these years.

Narrow fields, roads...no different than any other place I have been to....from the air.  From the air.

Let me know what you think about what you have just read. Please and thanks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Temples, Forests and Streams - Nikko

The Ueno Area - History in Art and Those Passed Away

Taking the Train - Stereotypes of Japan