Asakusa - My Dream Realized

I have spent the majority of my 24 hours in Tokyo in Asakusa.  This is a part of Tokyo that, while damaged by bombing in World War II has retained, and has been rebuilt in the style of, the old Edo days.  It is unlike any other city I have been to and it is likely the nicest city I have seen in my life.  Japanese traditional architecture, their gardens, temples and shrines have always had this strong attraction on me.....and now I have seen them and they have not disappointed.  Have a look at some of the pictures below.  The rainy night and day just added to the feel of the place.  The night was quiet.  The streets were dimly lit, the light reflected off the wet stones.  You also have to imagine that that many of the streets are the width of alleyways back home in Canada.  I felt safe, I felt at home, comfortable.  Like I belonged.  I did not have the uneasy feeling of being in a new city after a long flight.  Check it out.









Let me know what you think about what you have just read. Please and thanks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Temples, Forests and Streams - Nikko

The Ueno Area - History in Art and Those Passed Away

Taking the Train - Stereotypes of Japan